On 5/1/24 2:50 AM, Hillf Danton wrote:
> On Wed, 1 May 2024 02:01:20 -0400 Michael S. Tsirkin <m...@redhat.com>
>>
>> and then it failed testing.
>>
> So did my patch [1] but then the reason was spotted [2,3]
>
> [1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20240430110209.4310-1-hdan...@sina.com/
> [2] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20240430225005.4368-1-hdan...@sina.com/
> [3] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/000000000000a7f8470617589...@google.com/

Just to make sure I understand the conclusion.

Edward's patch that just swaps the order of the calls:

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/tencent_546da49414e876eebecf2c78d26d242ee...@qq.com/

fixes the UAF. I tested the same in my setup. However, when you guys tested it
with sysbot, it also triggered a softirq/RCU warning.

The softirq/RCU part of the issue is fixed with this commit:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/20240427102808.29356-1-qiang.zhang1...@gmail.com/

commit 1dd1eff161bd55968d3d46bc36def62d71fb4785