What a city! I have never seen anything remotely like that.

Alan C

On 14-May-24 04:32 AM, Rick Womer wrote:
We took a short trip to Pittsburgh last month, and were able to enjoy this
pleasant city in beautiful weather.

The city is where the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers join to form the Ohio
River, which flows west to the Mississippi River.  My family had driven through
Pittsburgh when I was a child, and I remember smoke and steel mills. Now only
one steel mill remains, the smoke is gone, and the city is prosperous.

The views are excellent from Mount Washington, an escarpment south of the
downtown area, served by two pairs of antique funicular rail cars (we went up
and down the Duquesne Incline; the other (Monangahela Incline, about a mile
away) was closed.

The visible bridges are among 446 in Pittsburgh, the most of any city in the
world (and 3x the number in Venice).

The bronze figure on the bench, “Sidewalk Judge,” is by Seward Johnson, an heir to
the Johnson & Johnson fortune and an artist.

https://rickwomer.smugmug.com/2024/April-2024/Pittsburgh-Apr-24

Comments and critiques eagerly anticipated.

Rick

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List