Hi Ted,

As requested:

Rosegarden 20.06 - AlsaDriver [ALSA library version 1.2.2, module version
5.11.0-7620-generic, kernel version 5.11.0-7620-generic]

JackDriver::initialise() begin...
JACK sample rate = 88200Hz, buffer size = 2048
Creating audio file thread...
Found 1 JACK physical outputs
connecting from "rosegarden:master out L" to "a2j:Midi Through [14]
(playback): Midi Through Port-0"
WARNING: cannot connect to JACK output port

  ALSA Client information:

    14,0 - (Midi Through, Midi Through Port-0)                  (DUPLEX) [ctype
2, ptype
655362, cap 99]
    128,0 - (FLUID Synth (47987), Synth input port (47987:0))           (WRITE
ONLY) [ctype 1, ptype 1310726, cap 66]

Using low-resolution system timer, sending a warning
    Current timer set to "system timer"
    WARNING: using system timer with only 250Hz resolution!
AlsaDriver::initialiseMidi -  initialised MIDI subsystem

AlsaDriver::setPlausibleConnection: connection like "" requested for device 0
AlsaDriver::setPlausibleConnection: fuzzy match 128:0 Synth input port
(47987:0) (write) available with fitness 1
AlsaDriver::setPlausibleConnection: connection like "" requested for device 1
AlsaDriver::setPlausibleConnection: nothing suitable available

  ALSA Client information:

    14,0 - (Midi Through, Midi Through Port-0)                  (DUPLEX) [ctype
2, ptype
655362, cap 99]
    128,0 - (FLUID Synth (47987), Synth input port (47987:0))           (WRITE
ONLY) [ctype 1, ptype 1310726, cap 66]

AlsaDriver::setPlausibleConnection: connection like "20:0 UMC1820 MIDI 1
(duplex)" requested for device 0
AlsaDriver::setPlausibleConnection: nothing suitable available
AlsaDriver::setPlausibleConnection: connection like "20:0 UMC1820 MIDI 1
(duplex)" requested for device 1