On Mon, Jan 9 2023 at 02:11:37 PM -0800, Elliott Williams via webkit-dev <webkit-dev@lists.webkit.org> wrote:
- allow each port to decide whether a feature is on or off by default (regardless of its status)

Different default values for different ports is unavoidable; there are many many other examples besides PDF.js where ports just need to be different. But I think it's OK for the status field to be the same on all platforms. Just set the status value to whatever works best for Apple. The status field could control the *default* default value, which you can feature on https://webkit.org/status/, but ports should still be able to override it if needed. Sound good?

By the way, while this seems like a good cleanup to me, I see there are really a *lot* of statuses defined. I don't think I'd be able to understand which one is correct to use for a feature unless I have that table explaining what each one does in front of me. I wonder if they're all truly required.

Michael