On Thu, Apr 13 2023 at 08:15:00 AM +0900, Tetsuharu Ohzeki via webkit-dev <webkit-dev@lists.webkit.org> wrote:
To digress a little, why does webkit now use a style checker based on python script instead of clang-format?
In today, I feel it's more reasonable to use such a formetter.

We've tried clang-format in several GNOME projects with not great results. I'd recommend uncrustify instead.

Still, I'm not sure it's a good idea for WebKit. I'm sure we could make either tool work, but we'd have to be very lax with any configuration we use, or it could get pretty annoying. And the existing style checker works decently enough.