On Sun, May 12, 2024 at 8:53 PM ibrahim via 9fans <9fans@9fans.net> wrote:

> Not a single developer who uses plan9 for distributed systems, commercial
> products will dare to use a system like 9front as the sources. The reason
> is quite simple :
>
> You ignore copyrights as you please and distributed 9front under an MIT
> license long before Nokia as the owner of it decided to do so. You did that
> at a time when plan9 was placed under GPL

I do not agree with what you are saying here. I was involved in the license
discussions starting in 2003, and was involved in both the GPL release and
the more recent MIT license release. The choice of license, both times, was
made by the same person in Bell Labs, even as the Bell Labs corporate
parent changed. In fact, in 2013, we were *required* to use the GPL,
whereas in the later release, the GPL was specifically mentioned as a
license we could *not* use. I won't pretend to understand why.

At no time in all this was there any evidence of incorrect behavior on the
part of 9front. None. Zip. Zero. Zed. They have always been careful to
follow the rules.

Further, when people in 9front wrote new code, they released it under MIT,
and Cinap among others was very kind in letting Harvey use it.

So, Ibrahim,  I can not agree with your statement here.