IA2 Community:

Accessibility Probe (AccProbe) r0.2 is now available.  If you have
obtained a previous version of AccProbe by signing the International
License for Evaluation of Programs (ILEP), please send a request to Arro
Walter ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) to receive the update.  If you have not signed
the ILEP but would be interested in obtaining a copy of AccProbe, please
contact Bill Carter ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) to start the process.  (AccProbe
will be available by mid November as a part of the Eclipse Accessibility
Tools Framework (ACTF)).

http://www.eclipse.org/actf

Your feedback and suggestions are appreciated.

Download and Installation Instructions
Download or save the zip file to your system.
Extract the .zip file, for example to c:\. A top-level directory named
'accprobe' will be created for you.
If you wish to use AccProbe with the IAccessible2 interface:
Register the IAccessible2Proxy.dll. Two ways to do this are listed below.
If regsvr32 is not in your path, you may need to use the full path.
Usually this is
c:\windows\system32\regsvr32.
>From a command prompt type "regsvr32  c:\AccProbe\IAccessible2Proxy.dll".
>From the start menu, choose Run. Enter "regsvr32  IAccessible2Proxy.dll"
in the text box and choose OK.
Execute c:\AccProbe\accprobe.exe
Many of you have used the tool in the past so the UI will be familiar.
With a goal of combining the functionality of tools like Microsoft's
Inspect32, AccExplore,
and AccEvent into one easy-to-use application, there are many uses for
AccProbe. Here are sample scenarios and suggestions to help demonstrate
these:
IAccessible2:
Have an instance of firefox3 running on your desktop open to a URL of your
choice, then start AccProbe.
Select the 'frame' node, ie. [EMAIL PROTECTED]'...- Minefield']
The Accessibility Properties view in AccProbe will display the details and
you will see that IA2 information is available.
For example:  accessibleComponent       class IA2AccessibleComponent
You will be able to expand these IA2 Properties.
Also interesting here is the Event Monitor View. If you click a button in
firefox3 ('refresh' for example), several events will be displayed to the
Event Monitor View,
including some IA2 events, like IA2_EVENT_DOCUMENT_LOAD_COMPLETE.
(Note that event-capturing is turned off by default so that you need to
enable it by clicking the Start Capture button on the toolbar of the event
monior.) The Event
Monitor View also allows the user to set which events to monitor/capture.
To see a list of all the options, select "Choose events to watch..." from
the
small dropdown menu in the upper right of the Event Monitor View. If you
are on an IA2 node, as we are in this example, you will see many IA2
specific events
that may be monitored.

Keyboard Focus Tracking:
Have an application (FF3 = FireFox3 in this example) running, then start
AccProbe.
Arrange the windows so AccProbe and the FF3 windows are both fully visible
on the screen.
Turn ON the KFT by selecting Options >> Tracking >> Keyboard Focus from
the main menubar
Go to the FF3 window and begin to tab through some of the navigation. You
will notice that the tree in the Explorer View is expanded and highlighted
based
upon your navigation. Also notice that the Accessibility Properties View
will change to track the highlighted item in the Explorer view.

Known Issues and Bugs:
Help and Documentation are still in development
When using Keyboard Focus Tracking, you must allow the Explorer view to
stabilize between navigation actions. If you Tab or otherwise navigate
through the application too quickly, the views will become out of sync and
the JVM may even crash.
Zip file
: Some users may experience a JVM crash on the initial attempt to execute
accprobe.exe after installing. No action is required as subsequent
launches will run as expected.

--> Mike Squillace
IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Center
Austin, TX

W:512.823.7423
M:512.970.0066

[EMAIL PROTECTED]