Hello,

I'm about to go for higher education, and am collecting information to make
my choice on where to go. I'm curious about what cities are accessible,
based on a few metrics.

Some background-I did my undergrad in Delhi, which I found relatively
comfortable (decent availability of food/grocery delivery services, fairly
easy availability of cabs, the metro being fairly convenient, and so on).
However, I found it fairly difficult to navigate around insofar that roads
were concerned: the general lack of maintenance, the high speed of traffic,
the presence of random objects/animals even on the footpaths-they all were
a pretty big hindrance in terms of navigation.

I'll likely be going back to Delhi, but I'm curious: are there cities which
are more easily navigable? some nice-to-haves would be a degree of planning
(for instance, if there's a grid, that would let me easily determine where
to go and how to go there-if not that, a place that is navigable by using
mapping apps would also work), easy navigation as far as walking is
concerned, availability of delivery apps (barring that, being able to
easily access nearby shops), and preferably not a lot of high-speed traffic.

I'm sure different parts of a single city could also be very different in
these regards, so I'm also willing to take suggestions for particular areas
in a city, if that's something that would be easier to recommend. (I would
be staying in this place for a few years at the minimum.)

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

-Dhruv