I suggested a while back that we refactor the sample app into a simple
webapp which uses the standard authentication filter and leave the other
context files commented out in web.xml so that it's possible to switch
to another version and build it just by changing file. I think we agreed
that was a good idea. That would make the code layout easier to follow
and the build simpler. I got part of the way through doing this but
didn't have time to test all the different versions of the app.

I dunno what's wrong with the later maven versions.

--
 Luke Taylor.                      Monkey Machine Ltd.
 PGP Key ID: 0x57E9523C            http://www.monkeymachine.ltd.uk