I'm using Spring page Controllers and mapped URLs that have a syntax like
   /main/page1.do
   /main/login.do
   /security/admin.do

I have the /security/admin.do URL secured with Acegi authorization.
When I click on the link to this URL and I'm not logged in, it redirects to
the login page.
Great.  Everything works fine on FireFox.

But on IE7, I can see in the application log files that the flow on the
server when /security/admin.do is clicked on when not logged in is very
similar, if not identical, to the flow when using FireFox.
But when the login page should be displayed, an IE dialog pops up and asks
what application should be used to view the file login.do or do you want to
save it.
When I save the 'file' login.do from IE, I can compare and see that the
contents of the file are identical to the source of the login page on
FireFox.

It sounds like a Mime problem.  Is this likely a JBoss configuration
setting, or can there be something going wrong in the Spring/Acegi flow?

Thanks