On 8/21/07, Chris Berry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anyway, AFAICT, the solution is to provide a custom
> FilterInvocationDefinitionSource
>
> I plan to extend PathBasedFilterInvocationDefinitionMap.

[...]

sure, that looks good to me, with the following caveat:

to support http-based protocols that extend the basic method set, like
webdav with its PROPFIND, PROPPATCH, MKCOL, LOCK etc, and to keep
mapping files brief, it might be handy to be able to configure named
sets of methods on the FilterInvocationDefinitionSource. perhaps
something like this:

<property name="readMethods" value="GET,HEAD,OPTIONS,PROPFIND"/>
<property name="writeMethods" value="POST,PUT,DELETE,PROPPATCH,LOCK"/>

and:

/foo/bar.html:READ_METHODS,WRITE_METHODS=ROLE_FOO
/secure/*:READ_METHODS=ROLE_BAR
/account/something=ROLE_BAR