Check out ContextPropagatingRemoteInvocationFactory on both java docs and also
on http://forum.springframework.org/. I know it is listed as being in an
rmi-based package, but is also works with HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean which is
HTTP-based.

It is an implementation of the RemoteInvocationFactory interface, which you set
through the "remoteInvocationFactory" bean property of the client.
ContextPropagatingRemoteInvocationFactory will transmit the contents of your
SecurityContextHolder while making the Spring remote method call. The server
then unpacks your credentials into a server-side SecurityContextHolder, making
them available for any code to access over there.

Sound like what you want?

Good luck,
Greg