Shi and Michael,

Thank you very much for your prompt responses!  I looked at
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SEC-232 last night,
after Shi pointed me to it, and downloaded the files posted on September
3.  I haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but will do that as soon
as I have a chance.  Michael, I'll give you some feedback on it
afterwards.

Thanks again for all your help,

Pat

Michael Mayr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
09/11/2007 08:21 AM
Please respond to
acegisecurity-developer@lists.sourceforge.net

acegisecurity-developer@lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
Re: [Acegisecurity-developer] Can acegi do these?

Hi Patricia,
Hi tedzo,

Because you asked for it: Actually I have implemented support for
hierarchical roles in Acegi. It is planned to be included in the
Acegi/Spring Security 2.0 release. For a short overview how this will work
take a look at
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/secure/attachment/12872/HierarchicalRoles.pdf

My code contribution, user documentation and evolution of this new feature
can be found as attachments under
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SEC-232

Cheers,
Michael

P. S.: I am currently on holidays and might not be able to check my mails
before next Monday.

Patricia Guimaraes wrote:
"Hi Shi,

I am *very* interested in finding out how I can set up Acegi Security to
support a role hierarchy.  You mentioned in #1 below that Acegi Security
can be configured to do that.  Could you point me in the right direction
by letting me know which documentation I can read to configure my
application that way?  Do you know of any sample applications demostrating
this functionality?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Pat