[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Ben,

You were right. It was a problem with my securityEnforcementFilter bean
configuration. I see it now. Once I changed to the
basicProcessingFilterEntryPoint bean reference it worked. I also needed
your great explaination about SOAP authorization. I will be giving a
presentation about Spring at AJUG (Atlanta User Group) next Tuesday. I
will definitely mention this security plugin for Spring. My next
challenge will be to get SSL Basic authentication configured with Acegi. Thank you so much for your attention about this problem.

Mark

Hi Mark

Pleased it was resolved. With your next challenge, do you meaning using BASIC authentication over HTTPS? If so, there's no reason it shouldn't simply work by using https:// as the target URL rather than http://.

Best regards