March, Andres wrote:

I need to implement this anyway, so if you can wait I would be glad to
help out.  But I won't need to start this effort for awhile.  It might
be better for you do this until I get comfortable with the code.  I am
eager to contribute but I have non-instance based security to implement
first (product priorities).

One other question, were you planning on implementing a voter for this
functionality? I know you mentioned this earlier.

Hi Andres

I just checked into CVS the improvements. The end database schema is now heavily normalised, with plenty of constraints to prevent incorrect data:

CREATE TABLE acl_object_identity (
    id IDENTITY NOT NULL,
    object_identity VARCHAR_IGNORECASE(250) NOT NULL,
    parent_object INTEGER,
    acl_class VARCHAR_IGNORECASE(250) NOT NULL,
    CONSTRAINT unique_object_identity UNIQUE(object_identity),
    FOREIGN KEY (parent_object) REFERENCES acl_object_identity(id)
);

CREATE TABLE acl_permission (
    id IDENTITY NOT NULL,
    acl_object_identity INTEGER NOT NULL,
    recipient VARCHAR_IGNORECASE(100) NOT NULL,
    mask INTEGER NOT NULL,
    CONSTRAINT unique_recipient UNIQUE(acl_object_identity, recipient),
    FOREIGN KEY (acl_object_identity) REFERENCES acl_object_identity(id)
);

Do you have any further suggestions/feedback?

Best regards
Ben

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by OSTG. Have you noticed the changes on Linux.com, ITManagersJournal and NewsForge in the past few weeks? Now, one more big change to announce. We are now OSTG- Open Source Technology Group. Come see the changes on the new OSTG site. www.ostg.com _______________________________________________ Acegisecurity-developer mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/acegisecurity-developer