Is there any way to disable or bypass SavedRequestAwareWrapper?

I have run into bug SEC-363, and I need the quickest possible workaround.
I'm wondering if it's possible to just turn off "saving the request" and
either (1) always redirect to the home page, or (2) pass in the desired
redirect URL as a request parameter to the login post.

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SEC-363