Maven-1.0.2 is dumping a lot of 301 errors in an attempt to download
   certain dependencies when building a project with a clean local
   repository.The reason for this is that the public Maven-1 repository
   is being moved to http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven from
   http://www.ibiblio.org/maven. Maven 1 doesn't understand redirects
   and therefore reports a 301 HTTP error when attempting to download
   certain dependencies.

Just add this mirror site http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven
in project.properties file and this problem should go away.

Cheers

Vishal