Hi everyone (and especially Ray).
Got your openid lib working, great job.  Thanks!  You are working on the
weekend, I admire that!

I am trying to work out the process in which a user has an openid account on a
3rd party server, but they do not have an account for the openid client
application.

1) User has openid account http://rhodebump.myopenid.com/
2) User goes to openid client http://localhost/openidclient and this
application (using your acegi filter) will direct them to the myopenid.com
provider where they successfully login.
3) myopenid.com directs user back to http://localhost/openidclient but since
the user is not provisioned in the openidclient, the
UserDetailsService.loadUserByUsername will fail.

My use case is that the user has an openid account, but still needs to complete
some sort of registration process for the client application.  I was wondering
if you thought of this at all and if we should provide for this sort of case in
the design/implementation of an openid provider.

One thing that complicates the whole thing is the question that I think we
would want the person to be authenticated with openid before they do this
registration process.  If they are authenticated using openid, we can "suck in"
some of the openid attributes from their provider to ease the registration
process.  However, we can not login them in their current account state since
they can not be retrieve from the UserDetailsService until they completed setup.

It's sort of like there are 2 authentication states, the user can be
authenticated remotely, and authenticated locally.
Phillip