The last filter in the chain is the securityEnforcementFilter. That
filter is configured with an EntryPoint. It is the EntryPoints
responsibility to challenge the caller if they did not present
credentials that one of the previous filters understands.

The BasicProcessingFilter is there to authenticate basic auth
credentials IF they are presented. If not, the request is allowed to
proceed; as the SecurityEnforcementFilter will have the final say.

Long story short, change the entryPoint being used by the