Hello,

In our company the IT security policy is to place all applications
behind IBM WebSeal. The applications themselves need to be based on
J2EE security as provided by IBM WebSphere. The use of Acegi Security
is somewhat limited in such an environment, as authentication and
parts of authorization are already taken care of.

However, we would still like to re-use Acegi functionality for things
like more flexible web resource authorizations, Spring bean
authorizations, ACL support and Acegi JSP tags. Therefore we would
like to make the J2EE user name and roles available through Acegi
Authentication and GrantedAuthority objects.

I've implemented a generic pre-authenticated Acegi authentication
provider (and corresponding servlet filters and such), together with
J2EE-specific extensions. The generic provider can also be used for
other purposes, for example the already available X509 provider could
be easily rewritten as an extension to the pre-authenticated
authentication provider.

Any chance that this functionality will be added to the next version
of Acegi (by myself if given access to the Acegi source repository, or
by somebody else)? Any comments on the code as it is now? I've created
a JIRA issue for this with source code attached:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SEC-576?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

With kind regards,
Ruud Senden.