Hi,

I'm working on integrating Acegi Security with a product (uPortal,
http://www.uportal.org) which has an existing
authentication/authorization framework which is largely incompatible
with the way that Acegi works.  We're basically ripping out the legacy
framework and replacing with with Acegi (keeping appropriate wrappers
around for legacy code).

To do this, we need our Acegi User object to not only implement the
appropriate Acegi interface but also the custom interface (IPerson).  We
had identified a potential area for this integration, the
UserDetailsService. However, the UserDetailsService is not consistently
used throughout the project (most notably the LDAP provider does not use
it).

Is there another integration point that all providers consistently use
which would allow us to wrap the User object?

Thanks
-Scott

--
Scott Battaglia
Application Developer, Architecture & Engineering Team