I've pulled the OpenID module out of the sand box, but rather than
merging it into core, it is it's own module. Meaning that integrating
it into a project will require both the spring-security-core and
spring-security-openid jar files. The OpenID module has also been
added to the parent pom.xml, which means that when you run "mvn
install" on the root project it will install the OpenID module as
well. I'd like to bump up the test coverage in some spots and we
definitely need to get some documentation going. We should be able to
tighten this up by the time Luke releases Spring-Security 2.0.

That being said, I wouldn't call the OpenID support "done". It is out
of the sandbox though and that's good news.

So pull down the code and have a look see...
-Ray