:)
Thanks for your reply.
It's a little more complicated than that :)

Our client has very complex requirements. I already created an
"ExtendedAuthenticationProcessingFilter" to handle some of these requirements :)
But the problem with POST is quite tricky.
I discovered its cause, which is as following:
The problem occurs when I try to access the page containing the form while not
being logged-in.
This causes the ExceptionTranslationFilter to save the request on the session,
under the ACEGI_SAVED_REQUEST_KEY. This SavedRequest has (of course) the method
GET.
Then the login form is presented, and after login the SavedRequestAwareWrapper
does the following:

SavedRequest saved = (SavedRequest)
session.getAttribute(AbstractProcessingFilter.ACEGI_SAVED_REQUEST_KEY);

if ((saved != null) && saved.doesRequestMatch(request, portResolver)) {
    savedRequest = saved;
    session.removeAttribute(AbstractProcessingFilter.ACEGI_SAVED_REQUEST_KEY);
}

This code looks perfectly ok, because the SavedRequest is removed from the
session.
But the problem is that after this filter, on the next request or somewhere, I
can't determine where and why, the SavedRequest re-appears on the session!!
I actually tried to debug through the Apache Tomcat code (I use Tomcat 6), and
still could not determine why the SavedRequest re-appears.

For now I have found the simple workaround of using some URL for the initial
GET that displays the form, and a different URL for the action="..."
method="POST".

Sorin