On 5/12/06, John Fallows <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 5/12/06, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On the surface, it would appear so, but IANAL and never played one on
TV.

I had to read that several times to figure it out - does IANAL mean "I Am
Not A Laywer" ? :-)

Right the first time :-).  It's a pretty common acronym when discussing
arcane subjects like licensing on open source lists, because nobody wants to
have someone come back later and try to sue you for giving legal advice.

Of course, for me it does evoke a small personal smile when *I* use this
acronym, because my father is, in fact, a lawyer :-).

Craig