I might be assuming something that is not correct, so let me ask,
in the case of the train, what part is delegating to the navigationItem renderer?
I'm assuming the af|train::link part.
So, regardless of the skinning syntax (af|train::stop::link or af|train::stop af|train::link)
you would map af|navigationItem to af|train::link.

The af|train::stop/p_AFUnvisited, and p_AFReadOnly are still within the train
renderer, right? So there is no need put those on the resource map.

If we used af|train::stop::link format, the css parser would break it apart, and it would end up
to be the same as if the skinner wrote af|train::stop af|train::link.
Same with  af|train::stop:unvisited:read-only::link.
We'd break it apart and make it be:
af|tarin::stop:unvisited:read-only af|train::link

It's like how the user types this:
af|inputText:read-only::content
and we resolve it to this:
af|inputText:read-only af|inputText::content

- Jeanne

Simon Lessard wrote:

Linking af|train::link to navigation item alone would not be enough with
af|train::stop::link.

This is currently what I use, another why I used a single selecor for all
links.

However take af|train::stop:unvisited:read-only::link

The only way I see would be to set all 3 selectors on the resource map
(af|train::stop::link, p_AFUnvisited and p_AFReadOnly) for both link
seletors (disabled and normal). The main disadvantage with that is that it requires the use of one map instance per station being rendered, which will
be much less efficient than the currently singleton map.

Regards,

~ Simon

On 10/4/06, Jeanne Waldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Simon Lessard wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Well, at first I made it that way beause dual pseudo-element was
> completely
> removed because it was buggy.

yep, we never had keys with multi-pseudo-elements, so it wasn't written
to support it.

> However, now that it was made that way I don't
> dislike it. It depends how you see the link I guess, both have a
semantic
> sense. That being said, on a practical side, the current version is much
> easier since the link rendering is deferred to the navigationItem
> renderer
> so pushing complex style class in it can be problematic. For instance,
> how
> would it be possible to emulate the following using resource map?
>
> af|train::stop:unvisited:read-only af|train::link

You would map af|train::link to af|navigationItem.

> The new version of the selector would be
> af|train::stop:unvisited:read-only::link, but I don'T know if the
current
> architecture could support that.

The parser would have to change, definitely to support it.
We can leave this issue alone for now, since there are so many more
important issues to work out.