Ok, I figured out what is going on.

If we want our manifest.mf file in our jar to show the implementation version, then we need to: 1. Add a manifest.mf file in the META-INF directory that has the implementation-version in it.
2. Add this configuration element to the pom.xml file:
     <plugin>
*        <configuration>
         <archive>
<manifestFile>src/main/resources/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF</manifestFile>
         </archive>
</configuration>* <executions>
         <execution>
           <goals>
             <goal>test-jar</goal>
           </goals>
         </execution>
       </executions>
     </plugin>

We are missing both of these.

Does anyone object to my adding this to get our version in the manifest.mf that's in the jar?
Should I do this for the api jar as well?
What should the version string be? This string will be in the generated css file, at least for now. I plan to raise another issue regarding the version string in the filename, but that can wait.

Thanks,

- Jeanne

Jeanne Waldman wrote:

I know how this could work (is supposed to work?), because we are doing something similar in our internal project . We have a MANIFEST.MF file in the impl's META-INF directory that defines implementation-version, and I think mvn automatically appends this information into the impl jar's MANIFEST.MF file. In Trinidad, though, I don't see this MANIFEST.MF file in the impl's META-INF directory. If I add it myself, do mvn clean install, it still doesn't work. But then after looking into it for our internal project, I found that it stopped working recently there, too.

Anyway, Bud and I are looking into it, and I'll keep you posted. If you know something that I am missing, let me know. :)

Thanks,
Jeanne

Jeanne Waldman wrote:

Hi Adam,
That's what I figured based, but I don't see the implementation version in the manifest.mf. So I should have asked, how does it get in the manifest.mf file? Maybe I'm not building the jars with the correct flag.
I'm using "mvn install jdev:jdev".

- Jeanne

Adam Winer wrote:

The implementation version is defined in the manifest;
since we're going from the StyleSheetDocumentParser's
Package object, that should be the trinidad-impl.jar's
MANIFEST.MF file.

-- Adam