Hi there! I’m getting in touch to get some technical advice about how to
implement an effective integration with Google Ads API. Specifically, we
are looking for advice related to incremental changes and deleting old
resources.

We have followed the different guidelines and best practices, and we are
effectively able to create the required hierarchical resources for a full
customer account.

Nevertheless, I’m facing a problem tracking the relationship between our
client side elements and the Google ads resources. The main matter here is
that we are producing elements on the fly, and those are not possibly
stored in any persistent system. That also means that we can’t store the
“resource_name” of any created resources in different executions of our app.

We’d like to implement a workflow to send incremental changes to multiple
customer accounts, but we aren’t able to find a way to robustly identify
which resources should we create, update or delete.

The main issue for us seems to be the detection of elements that are no
longer being generated, and thus, should be deleted in Google Ads. Those
elements, conceptually, should be the ones not created, updated (or even
touched if needed) in every sync execution.

Furthermore, we must not override user-introduced data, so those
update/delete mutations should only apply when the resource has been
managed through API.

At this point, we have made a few trials using the register of changes
(ChangeEvent resource), but this approach seems to be ineffective since we
haven’t found any way to register all kinds of resources changes over
there. Do you think this may be a valid approach? How could we touch any
kind of resource using the ChangeEvent feature? Also, the documentation
tells us that the maximum delay between a mutation and the ChangeEvent
appear is 3 minutes,  but we’ve experienced higher delays, between 5 and 10
minutes.

Could you please give us some advice on how we could face our needs related
to detect incremental changes and how to delete “deprecated” resources?

Thanks in advance,
Joan.