Hi Fellow Wikimedians,

As part of our 2023 Grant, the Wikimedia Ghana User Group decided to cover
the 2023 African Games as part of efforts to boost images around the
African Games on Wikimedia Commons.

The Wikimedia Ghana User Group has made a significant contribution by
covering the 2023 African Games, a decision that is part of our 2023 Grant.
This initiative underscores our unwavering commitment to increasing the
number of striking images related to the event on Wikimedia Commons, a
unique and valuable addition to this project.

During our preparations for the event, we discovered a significant gap in
the general African Games category on Wikimedia Commons. We were astounded
that despite the long-standing history of the African games, very few
images were available on the platform. This underscores the importance of
our contribution to this project.

We are excited to have covered the 2023 African Games held in Accra, Ghana,
from March 8 to 23, 2024. Our team has already uploaded a variety of
images, including action shots, medal ceremonies, and behind-the-scenes
moments, to Wikimedia Commons. You can view them in this category:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:2023_African_Games.

We invite you to use these images in your articles, place them in their
correct categories, and rename them accurately. We will keep you updated as
we continue to upload the remaining images. Your use of these images will
help us achieve our goal of increasing the number of striking images
related to the African Games on Wikimedia Commons.

If you have any questions or feedback, do not hesitate to email us at
commun...@wmgh.org or j.okaiallo...@wmgh.org. We are more than happy to
help you with anything you need

Justice Okai-Allotey (User:Owula kpakpo)

Wikimedia Ghana User Group <commun...@wmgh.org>

--
*Regards*
*Justice Okai-Allotey*

Mobile: +233 (054) 039 4970  Skype: okai_allotey

|Avenger - Urithi Labs <https://www.facebook.com/urithimedia/>|
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/justice-okai-allotey-306b6354?trk=hp-identity-name>
 | Facebook: Justice Okai-Allotey <https://www.facebook.com/wyzzlewany> |
Twitter: @Owula_Kpakpo <https://twitter.com/Owula_Kpakpo> |
|Website: *https://about.me/okai-allotey <https://about.me/okai-allotey>*|
|Schedule A Meeting:meet with Justice Okai-Allotey
<https://calendly.com/owulakpakpo/meet-with-justice-okai-allotey>|

*"Our lives begin to the end the day we become silent about things that
matter" - Unknown.*

[image: Mailtrack]
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality11&;>
Sender