Ok...

here is the rough idea.

Since the two X's in two different sequences are treated as different X's, i
guess you subscript it with the sequence no as in Xa and Xb etc.

This needs to be done only with nodes that occur in a cycle. That cycle can
be removed if we consider the two Xs as different Xs.

I am not pretty sure as to how to difficult the coding part will be, the
algo seems to be this

1) Arrange the nodes as a graph.
2) Detect cycle.
3) Remove cycle by naming one node of the cycle with the subscript.
4) Apply topological sort.
5) Finally ignore the subscript.

I am not sure how to keep nodes of a sequence together. Will try to think
about it.

Comment on the above. Let me know if i am wrong somewhere.

cheers

--
Chandrasekhar
Final Year CSE