Hi all,

I have a soundcard problem which might be related to ALSA. I have been
trying to connect a friend's soundcard (RME fireface UCX) to my linux
computer (recent ubuntu 12.04 installation - NOT ubuntu studio, kernel
3.2.0-29-generic, ALSA version 1.0.25). RME claims that the device has
a class compliance mode (which is working with a mac computer) so that
it should be able to communicate with a linux system just using the
USB-audio-2.0 standard.  Pluging the device, I get the following
messages from dmesg:

[  864.024093] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 5 using ehci_hcd
[  864.162776] usbaudio: unit 2: invalid UAC_FEATURE_UNIT descriptor
[  864.162831] snd-usb-audio: probe of 1-1:1.0 failed with error -5

So it seems that the device is recognized but can not be properly
connected. I was searching for "invalid UAC_FEATURE_UNIT descriptor"
online and found some ALSA realted websites but could not really
figure out whether the stuff discussed there can solve my problem.

So if this is an ALSA problem: Am I missing some extra packages,
libaries, ... to be able to have full USB-audio-2.0 support ? Do I
have to change some kernel options ? Any other ideas ?

Thanks a lot for any help,

Florian