I have had the same reports from my user community within my GPS
application for Android.

In my support emails I have been telling them that it is most likely a
hardware/OS issue, and a hard reset (battery pull) should fix it.  I
have had a few users reply back and said that has fixed it.

I think this may be a issue with the API that is is providing use the
wrong information when we request it.

In my eyes I see this as a bug with Android if it provides the wrong
information once we request it.

Justin