On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Christoffer Davidsson
<christof...@chlirre.com> wrote:
> What I'd like to do is find out the name of the folder an app placed
> in.

Bear in mind that there are many, many home screens that ship on
devices (AOSP, Nexus One, HTC Sense, MOTOBLUR, Sony Ericsson, LG,
Samsung, Vodafone, etc.) and others available as third-party apps
(e.g., aHome).

> Is there a way to find out if an app is in a folder(on the home
> screen)?

You would need to ask the developers of each home screen application.
I am not aware of an API to find this out for the open source (AOSP)
home screen application.

> I'm guessing this would not have anything to do with the app's
> location in the file system. I'm I right?

Correct.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 3.1 Available!