Dear Sirs,

We are implementing some of the event callbacks of JVMTI (
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jvmti/ ) in the Dalvik VM.
However, we are having trouble in event Method_Entry and Method_Exit.

In our current implementation, we can only intercept the Method_Entry
event of the some system initialization methods, including
java.lang.reflection.Constructor.init(),java.lang.reflect.Method.init(),android.graphics.Button.init()...
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass()
android.os.Binder.execTransact()
android.graphics.Canvas.finalize(),android.os.Parcel.finalize(),....
All the methods written in Java applications are missing.

Currently, we have inserted "fprintf()" in the following places:
stack.c: dvmCallMethod()
stack.c: dvmCallMethodV()
stack.c: dvmCallMethodA()
stack.c: dvmInvokeMethod()
Interp.c: dvmInterpret()
Mterp.c: dvmMterpStd()
When these places of DVM are executed, we will print a message in our
log file. However, only the system initialization functions has
triggered our println() code. In other words, it looks like that the
execution of application methods does not go through the above places
of DVM. We don't know which part of DVM is responsible for method
execution of applications. Can anyone give us a clue?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Spike, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan