They list compatible phones.  Buy one of those.

This is the most important paragraph I found in your forum link:

  The problem is, publishing to Android won't really be
  solid for another year. Consumers get locked into 2 year
  contracts, in the same way I got locked in, and the most
  common will be the free phones and the cheaper (50$) for
  the next 2 years. Without a way to dumbdown your app, or
  modify the published one within Eclipse to work for ARMv6,
  that is potentially a GIANT chunk of current market share
  which will be LOST to a Unity>Android developer.

The market has a ton of very competent devices out there, but
Unity is not doing what they need to do to be compatible
with what is out there NOW.  As much as a developer may want
to tease over the specs to find 'Samsung Galaxy S' is a
compatible model, the general public does *not* see any
clear differentiation or tiers.  They just see that your
game sucks because it won't run while Angry Birds does.

That, and Unity has no "try ON THE PHONE before you buy"
plan to get into Unity development.  You might go with the
trial on your desktop, but that doesn't really tell you
whether your idea will work well on the Android platform.
If you had to buy Eclipse and the Android SDK just to load
an app on your own phone, we wouldn't have come so far so
fast.  If the price of those tools was as high as Unity,
come on now.