On Mar 2, 7:20 am, Mika <mika.ristim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So what I would like to do is to have one view open where the user can
> see the new values and in the same window have also the system
> settings activity where the user should input the values.

And if they have no hardware keyboard, they will have to see

  * your layout containing the suggested settings,
  * a system settings activity, the size and layout you don't control,
  * a software keyboard that often takes up about 50% of the screen

All at once on a small handheld device.

I feel for your situation, it's a shame the settings can't be done
programmatically as would be ideal.  But this suggestion goes beyond
the sensible interface.  If it were just one field, such as a tricky
hostname, I'd offer the use of the clipboard.  If this is only to be
done once, they may have to resort to pencil and paper.  If it's
to be done often, and in likely travel situations (setting up a new
scratch VPN from every airport), it's not pretty at all.