Well, you can definitely use WebView in fragments:

https://github.com/commonsguy/cw-android/tree/master/Fragments/EU4You_6

My best guess is that the fragment is not yet attached to the view
hierarchy by then. Since you get the same Bundle in both places, you
may just want to move your loadURL() or whatever call to
onCreateView().

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training...At Your Office: http://commonsware.com/training