I just mean that the underlying tab control widget and the view hierarchy
are very generic facilities.  You can build a lot of things from them -- get
callbacks when the user clicks on tabs, create whatever different view
hierarchies you want to show for the tabs, etc.

It's not like the fragment support library is a magical piece of code.  It's
just normal code anyone can write on top of the SDK.  The most significant
thing about it is that it is almost exactly the same as similar code built
in to newer versions of the platform, so gives an easier transition path.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 4:32 AM, Joan Pujol <joanpu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Dianne,
>
> One of the many?
> Is there another simple alternative without using the compatibility kit and
> haven't to manage the lifecycle by hand ? Because if it were possible I
> would want to leave the application as similar as if it was possible to nest
> the activity groups.
>
> Cheers,
>
> On Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:12:32 AM UTC+2, Dianne Hackborn wrote:
>
>> It is one of many ways to do it.

>>> Ok, I will try. Is that the best solution available for 2.0 compatibility
>>> to be able to have a TAB as main flow and also have child flows in some
>>> tabs?
>>>
>>> Cheers,

>>> http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
>>>

>> --
>> Dianne Hackborn
>> Android framework engineer
>> hac...@android.com
>>
>> Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to
>> provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such
>> questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and
>> answer them.
>>
>>  --

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer