I agree with that review. As I already said in the set of devices I have available, that one's my 'favorite'.

A couple of my colleagues have one for personal use as well and are very happy with it. BTW, there's also a revamped 'S' version of the desire which is a gingerbread device. It's probably a bit more expensive than the regular desire though.

Pepijn

On 27/04/2011 22:22, Tommy wrote:

Here is engadgets review of the desire... http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/01/htc-desire-review/

Accoding the the last section called "Wrap-up" the first paragraph reads:

The Desire is yet another fine piece of work from HTC -- build quality is top notch as usual, and there's little to complain about the software except for the Flash performance. Some may argue that the Desire lacks freshness since the Nexus One's already shown it all, but we'd disagree -- at the end of the day it's mainly about the software andservice <http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/09/google-starts-live-phone-support-to-nexus-one-owners/>, plus the Desire is available from more carriers to begin with (outside the US, anyway).

If I were looking into buy the phone given the review I wouldn't feel bad about buying it, but that's me.

*From:*android-developers@googlegroups.com [mailto:android-developers@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Raghav Sood
*Sent:* Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:42 PM
*To:* android-developers@googlegroups.com
*Subject:* Re: [android-developers] Phone for development

Thanks.

Is the Desire a good choice?

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Tommy <droi...@gmail.com <mailto:droi...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I would HIGHLY recommend HTC.... THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL PHONES! One of my phones is the HTC Aria I use for development and my main personal phone.... Great phones. An example.... My wife threw a pair of paints at me as hard as she could (we were playing around she wasn't trying to kill me) but she didn't know my HTC was in my pocket... Well the pants missed me by a mile(probably b/c she is a girl J) and hit the oak bed back.... I heard the phone hit and just assumed the phone was trashed... It hit really hard... The only thing that happened was the case popped off... No cracks... no breaks... Phone still works like it did when it was knew....

I recommend HTC to anyone and everyone until they show me they don't deserve to be recommended.