I'm not sure what the value of such a preview
would be-- I thought you wanted it mirror-flipped,
but you're swapping left and right halves of the image.

You may want to read through this thread.  The
challenge is to keep your processing code lean and
efficient enough, since a phone is not going to have
a lot of CPU cycles to devote to real-time video
manipulation.

https://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/c85e829ab209ceea/d3b29d3ddc8abf9b