The images are read asynchronously already as shown in the above code. But
the UI still freezes. When I disabled the line of code that fetches the
image from SD card, the scroll is smooth. Is there any other way I can look
at a solution to this problem? Is it a good idea to fetch and store the
images in main memory(hashmap, softreference) ahead instead of doing an IO
for each row every time? The images are of .png format and are upto 30kb
each.