My app contains 2 activities, one is mine which is not much more than the
web browser control.  The other is PayPal's for accepting money through the
app.  Up until recently everything was great.  You leave the app, come back
and you're right where you left off.  But now, you leave the app and when
you come back it re-starts it like it was killed (onCreate is called, all
state info is gone).  It only does this when signed for release (signed in
debug is fine) and it does it on the emulator (only when using a released
signed app), it does it on my phone, it does it on users phones.  I'm not
sure what exactly changed to cause this other than I updated java and the
Android SDK.  onCreate is called every single time the app button is
pressed.  It does resume properly if I hold the home button down and then
pick the app from the list of running apps.  I went back to a version
without this problem, exported it, signed it and now it has the problem.