Unfortunately, it's a real time app i.e the feed has to be continuous and i
have a piece of device that's outputting digital audio which i need to
direct to the android device for recording and analysis.
I have Google Nexus phone from HTC running 2.3.3 and i don't see USB host
mode option on it. Do you think a Motorola Xoom running 4.0.3 might have
the USB Host Mode?

And @Chris you say - " You should, *with work,* be able " - i was wondering
what's the scope of "work" is really - are we talking about some hardware
changes or writing a patch in software for a driver and such here? Kindly
point me to more resources in this regard. I would appreciate it.

Thanks.