> Thanks for this Harri,
>
> Tried it, to no avail.
> In fact, what I have found is that the new fragment, when it is animated
> in, comes in *under* the existing fragment.
> What I need is for it to be inserted *over* or *before* the existing
> fragment.
> Cannot see how to do  this.

Views (child views), by default, are drawn in same order as in their
parent's child view list.

Or you can use this:

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/ViewGroup.html#getChildDrawingOrder(int,
int)

Maybe there are other ways...

> Not too happy about ViewPager as it is in the support library - which for
> me means that it is not stable code, at least not as stable as system code.

The support library gets more frequent updates than system code on most
actual devices out there -- not to mention it doesn't get mangled by the
OEMs.

-- K

> Any other thoughts ?
>

> On Friday, 6 June 2014 15:16:22 UTC+2, Harri Smatt wrote:
>
>> Hmm.. Maybe I misunderstood the problem but does it help if you simply
>> use non-transparent Fragment background colour?
>> On Jun 6, 2014 2:14 PM, "Simon Giddings" <mr.s.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for your suggestion.
>>> No, you are right, I have not considered this as yet (didn't know I
>>> could to be honest).
>>> I'll look into this option, unless anyone else has already done this and
>>> could share here ?

---
"Android Developers" group.