down votefavorite
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40280908/android-studio-stuck-on-build-gradle-when-creating-a-new-project#>

I have tried different solutions but none of them seem to work for me. I
have installed the latest AS on my Windows 7. Everything downloaded
fine(I'm not behind any proxy) However, when I try to create a new Project,
after I set the name,Activity name(which I live as default) and finish the
settings, a message pops up saying "Gradle Build"; It keeps building but I
don't know what it's doing.

I've tried the following steps to fix it: -Deleted .gradle so that it
creates a fresh one as the original might be corrupted -Downloaded gradle
manually and pointed AS to this -Downloaded gradle zip manually and put it
in .gradle>wrapper>dists>2.14.1>*numbers*>zip file here

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/c944b6f5-f4af-4972-8a5d-93f826af1a45%40googlegroups.com.