I just tried that, and still doesn't seem to work. But I figured something
out. I tried this:

var customerListApp = angular.module('customerListApp', []);

customerListApp.controller('customerListCtrl', ['$scope', '$http',
    function (scope, http) {

http.get('http://127.0.0.1:5984/customers/_all_docs?include_docs=true').success(function

(data) {
        scope.customerList = data.rows;

        scope.sortField = 'company';
        scope.reverse = true;
    });

        scope.remove = function (id) {
            scope.customerList.splice(id, 1)
        }

    }]);

This little form -  scope.remove = function (id) {
            scope.customerList.splice(id, 1)
        }
- Deletes the object from the view which I wanted it to. BUT, when I
refresh the page, the data comes back. I want to delete the information
completely from couchdb. Any advice here?