Hello Elodie,

Could you try ?
data_used = droplevels(data_used)
Maybe some individuals are present in the id variable (if this is a factor variable) but with missing component(s).

Cheers,
Nicolas.

Le 08/07/2014 10:21, Elodie Camprasse a écrit :

Folks,

I have been encountering a problem when using the adehabitatLT package and specifically the function as.ltraj and I was hoping someone could give me a clue on how to solve the problem!

I am working with GPS data. I have got 20 different files with tracks that I have merged together; it
looks like I have successfully created a POSIXct column that I added to the dataframe and I have one
column with latitude and one with longitude, as well as an ID column that has the ID of my individual
birds; however, when I use the as.ltraj function, I get the following error: "Error in as.ltraj(xy
= data_used[, c("latitude", "longitude")], date = data_used$timestamp,  :

  some id's are not present in the data"

I tried different things (without naming the columns first and with column names, with or without "-" in the ID numbers, using just the relevant columns with no additional information...) and nothing is fixing the problem. I also do not understand the error message because when I check the length of the relevant columns, there are the same.

Here is my code:

setwd("C:/Users/Elodie/Documents/Deakin/Data analysis/GPS data analysis/Processed LB multiple tracks")

file_list<-list.files(pattern="*.csv", full.names=TRUE)

require(data.table)

#merge all the files in the working directory in one dataframe

dataset = rbindlist(lapply( file_list, fread ))

write.csv(dataset, file = "dataset_multiple_trips_LB.csv", row.names = F)

data<-read.csv("dataset_multiple_trips_LB.csv", header=F)

data_used<-data[-1,]

#V3 is the Date column, V4 is the Time column

timestamp <- as.POSIXct(strptime(as.character(paste(data_used$V3, data_used$V4)),"%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S"), "GMT")

data_used <- data.frame(data_used, V11 = timestamp)

colnames(data_used)<-c("id", "index", "date", "time", "latitude", "longitude", "speed", "course", "distance", "EHPE", "timestamp")

everybody<-as.ltraj(xy = data_used[,c("latitude","longitude")], date = data_used$timestamp, id = data_used$id)

Error in as.ltraj(xy = data_used[, c("latitude", "longitude")], date =
data_used$timestamp,  :
   some id's are not present in the data

If I do the following code, I get the following results

>length(data_used$id)
[1] 14444
>length(data_used$timestamp)
[1] 14444
>length(data_used$longitude)
[1] 14444
>length(data_used$latitude)
[1] 14444.

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction!
Elodie

Elodie Camprasse

6/187 Auburn Road

Hawthorn, VIC 3122

Australia

Email: elodie.campra...@gmail.com <mailto:elodie.campra...@gmail.com>

Website: http://hors-des-sentiers-battus.e-monsite.com/

Mobile: (+61) 049 794 0793 <tel:%28%2B61%29%20049%20794%200793>

                   Nicolas MORELLET
I.N.R.A. - Centre de Recherches de Toulouse
Comportement et Écologie de la Faune Sauvage (C.E.F.S.)
BP 52627 - 31326 Castanet-Tolosan cedex (France)
              Tel :  05.61.28.51.28
              Fax :  05.61.28.55.00

---
Ce courrier électronique ne contient aucun virus ou logiciel malveillant parce
que la protection avast! Antivirus est active.