You're using the "debug:" module to set the "msg" variable so the date
value isn't in the "{{ msg }}" variable, rather it's in the "{{ msg.msg }}"
variable.

Try these lines in stead:
  - name: FIXED - age of file in days stored in msg
    set_fact:
      msg: "{{ (ansible_date_time.epoch|int -
file_age.stat.mtime|int)/(86400|round|int) }}"

  - name: FIXED - Show msg
    debug:
      var: msg

  - name: FIXED - Show msg as integer
    debug:
      msg: " Your file is {{ msg|int }} days old"

That then stores the computation done in the "set_fact:" module in the
"msg" variable as expected.