Hi all,

I have several leased VPS in which I run LXC containers.

At the moment, the group I use for those is "lxc_hosts", but that has a few problems:

- Everything in inventory is a host, so lxc_host could just as well be a
  container as the machine it lives on.

- Separators in general are a pain - ansible doesn't like '-' in many
  places; '_' is invalid in hostnames; '.' and '/' are special in loads
  of places, and I suspect everything else is even riskier

'host' seems the most natural thing for hosting containers but is problematic as above. 'container' would be worse, in this context.

This problem gets worse as I do more complex stuff - eg I'm looking into using the lxc_ssh module, to manage containers on remote hosts before direct ssh is available.

I've been wondering about 'ship' - as in a container ship contains shipping containers - but it's not particularly intuitive, if I was eg to share my config here to ask for assistance, or (dreaming) if I get to the point of having employees or contractors.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,
Richard