On 14/05/2024 04:42, Gregory Machin wrote:
Hi

I have a number of ubuntu servers that I want to update using ansible via AWX.
my current test playbook :

---
  - hosts: all
    tasks:
    - name: Test Connection
      ansible.builtin.ping:

    - name: Update Cache
      become: true
      apt:
        update_cache: true

is not work as expected on the ubuntu servers.
The servers that have the root user configured are fine. But the Ubuntu servers
where the root user doesn't have a password set are failing with the following
error:

"Failed to lock apt for exclusive operation: Failed to lock directory
/var/lib/apt/lists/: E:Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (13:
Permission denied)"

In AWX I have configured privilege escalation to use sudo but this doesnt help.

I have tried moving the become: yes statement but this did help.

Doe the apt module support the sudo ?

What have I missed ?

Thank you

  Greg

Hello Greg,

you miss "become: true" in your playbook-

Regards
  Racke

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/5247dc46-a89e-4685-97af-53f8b91c8be8n%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/5247dc46-a89e-4685-97af-53f8b91c8be8n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.