Hello AQMers.  As chairs, Richard and I had been planning to let
the evaluation guidelines converge and then use those to guide
adoption of algorithm documents.

However, we now think there may be value in not waiting so long,
and getting some algorithm documents moving along more quickly.

We hope you can provide some feedback on the plan below:

1) Starting soon, we may look to adopt a small number of algorithm
   drafts for Experimental, with the goal that by doing so, it will
   increase the number of eyeballs and independent reviews of them, and
   enhance the quality, since people may be implementing to the drafts
   in order to test using the evaluation guidelines.  Each algorithm
   *must* clearly identify which types of use cases / scenarios it is
   targeted for.

2) Adoption of an algorithm spec as a working group draft will require
   working group consensus that the algorithm looks attractive to
   experiment with for the stated scenarios, and multiple parties will
   plan to be looking at it, testing, analyzing, providing feedback,
   etc.

3) The evaluation guidelines / scenarios drafts being worked on
   separately will guide the later selection of one or more Experimental
   algorithms to become Proposed Standards with applicability
   statements for the scenarios they have been evaluated in.

We're interested to know if the working group thinks this sounds like
a good idea, bad idea, or any other thoughts.

--
Wes Eddy
MTI Systems